Monday, May 25, 2009

Dating???

It has been almost 5 years since I've been in a real relationship. So now I'm asking the question, am I REALLY ready to date.

I've been dealing with this question for the last year or two. I see couples all around me (it's truly the devil) my office mate has a budding relationship, an associate of mine is in a long-term relationship, granted I don't really believe in the relationship or think it's healthy but either way she's in one. See all the relationships bloom around me makes me feel like I'm really ready to move on, but I often wonder if I'm emotionally ready to be in a relationship. How do I know that I won't screw it up by holding onto past heartaches? To be quite honest with you, that is my biggest fear. I've seen it happen often enough; people rush into relationships only to screw it up because they weren't emotionally ready to move on. I've always felt like I wouldn't do that but then again, you never know.

I still don't think I'm actually sure about the type of guy that I want. As my friends and I sit around and discuss our "divine being" I start to realize I have NO idea who this person is. I mean I know the basics; he's tall, handsome, friendly, caring, self-motivated and most importantly FAMILY ORIENTED. That's a big one for me. I love being social with friends and family, and I couldn't imagine being with someone who wasn't.

What else?

I dunno, I guess I'm just scared but I do think that I'm ready to at least date... hopefully, I'll meet someone promising soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment