Tuesday, August 11, 2009

You Lying MudaSuckas!!!

So I'm going through Celeb-Twitterville (which is basically going through the different celebrity profiles in Twitter), when I come across Star Jones' Twitter page. Immediately I start to think, "Damn she's lost a lot of weight" which is promptly followed by "WTF!! Wasn't her claim to fame (at one point) that she was representing plus size women of America (or something like that, don't quote me)." Then my co-worker and I start talking and she reminds me of Ms. Mo'Nique and several other women who "jumped ship" to swim in the ocean of conformity. Now you know me, always eager to stop the naysayers before they start; I have no problem with Full figured women (FFW) losing weight for health reasons. It's very important to make sure that you're eating right and getting some form of exercise in your life; for me it's (trying to) exercise portion control, dancing and the occasional Pilates session. My ISSUE is that you have all of these FFW's using their size as their "niche" to get into the industry (music, comedy, theater, whatev), only to then ditch the niche once they've broken the "glass-ceiling" in effort to look like every other Hollywood stereotype. Granted some of them haven't come close to your typical size 0 starlet, but I'm sure in the back of their they are definitely trying.

To be honest with you, I don't even have a problem with that! If you're a size 24 and secretly you really want to be a size 4 then go for it, do you! But don't feed us the "Real Women Have Curves", and "Skinny bitches are evil" bullshit! Keep it gangsta!!

*tell em why you mad son*

I'm mad because there are A LOT of young FFW's in training, that don't have health issues, but have emotional issues because they (like many of us before them) have fallen for what society has told them, or unfortunately, showed them about "ideal beauty". They believed you when you dished out that B.S and "sopped it up with a biscuit", supporting all of your endeavors because they believed that YOU were out to show the world that Real Women Do Have Curves and yes, some Skinny Bitches are evil. Now imagine their… frustration to see you bend in conformity, walking the red carpet as a size 8. If you had to lose weight for health reason that's one thing but losing weight for vanity after you called yourself a "representative for the FF community is just hypocritical.

Young'uns lemme tell you. I'm a SHAPELY size 22, and the smallest mama EVER wants to be is a Size 16, maybe even a 14, but that's my lowest and if anyone has an issue with that, I have round, perky derrière for them to pucker up too.

Keepin Gangsta!!!! Cuz the FFW revolution BETTER be televised, blogged about, read about, and respected!!

Holla!

1 comment:

  1. Well tell them how you really feel..lol I agree though, I'm a size 22 myself and I want to lose weight as well, but as you said..a size 16 or 14 is as low as I shall go, because I honestly like my thickness, I just want to be healthier.

    I thought the same thing as far as Monique..with her whole crusade agaisnt skinny women and then she turns around and jumps ship. I get people change their minds, want to change the way they look, but damn its kinda hard to look at you the same way when you were a teenage girl (as i was) saying to yourself..being a big girl is okay..look at them doing it big and loving it..and then seeing them turning around trying to turn into one of those skinny chicks they use to always claim they were against..it kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth..but I digress..I've come to a point in my life where I dont need to see some other big girl on tv or out there to think its okay..all I need is to look in the mirror and know it..cause I'm doing it for myself..Big Beatiful and loving it baby! lol btw i aint got nothing against skinny girls i just dont wanna be one lol

    ReplyDelete