Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chrianna, Relationships and etc.,


I've had my full of the whole Chrianna Saga. I mean really there are only three people that really know, what happened on the famous Sunday night drive. Chris, Rihanna and God; and God is the only one who knows the truth. Nonetheless, you have people choosing teams and whatnot; when did relationships become a sport. Who's on my team? Should we pick a side for all couples? And if that's the case how many teams are in this "league"? LOL, could you imagine the play-offs or the championship game?

I’ll use my friend’s love life (or lack there of) as an example; last week a dude that she hasen't spoken to in a minute (for reasons I don't care to go into right now) called her out the blue. Well, to be honest it wasn't entirely out of the blue; he'd recently taken to sending her little odd text messages on the sly. And since we're here what the hell is up with dudes falling off the face of the earth, only to return once you've said "I'm through with him" .... My bad! I went off for a second.

Anywhoo, he calls her and she being the nice woman she am, she talk’s to him. The conversations goes through the normal, "why haven't we spoken in so long" nonsense, to the "what I want to do in the future" B.S. only to end with him asking her "when am [she] going to take [him] out" and the final question of the conversation was "when [she]was going to move out of my mom's house?"

What in the rats-ass!?.. Why would she take some random dude out on a date? And I say random because they don't talk enough for him to deserve to be taken out. I’m mean really, does she have “ASS” written on her forehead.

Where the hell has chivalry gone and how do we get it back? And on top of that, did he miss the whole “we’re in a recession" speech that everyone, and their mama, is giving. I mean really, move out and what take him out on dates? I could see her now, paying rent on the first only to starve the rest of the month, because she’s taking his but out on a date (which if he had his way would probably end with her in an compromising position). I mean in the end, it would probably do wonders for any woman’s figure but I don't think it would do anything for her self-esteem or my image. I can hear the girls, clowin’ her now.

Needless to say the conversation ended shortly thereafter.

Don’t get me wrong, we all have aspirations’ of being on own but, personally speaking, I don’t think that now is the time to do it.

Alright I’ll admit, the moving out part of their conversation, through me a little; but the take him out on a date part just made me damn mad!! It seems as though, men (yeah I’m generalizing) have lost their “mutha-freaka” mind. Or is it that women have become soo… blasé about things that men have just forgotten how to be.. MEN! The way some of them behave is just outrageous. Don’t get met wrong, there are some great men out there and I’m not going to say “you know who you are” because honestly great men really don’t know how great they are because their modest about it. I’m still not choosing sides in the Chrihanna situation but I’m not gonna turn a blind eye to the fact that men today really don’t know how to treat ladies (I use the word loosely because a lot of women don’t know how to be ladies). Unfortunately, for a lot of men, I do; and in the words of Jhene “I won’t play that game”

So, NO, she won’t be taking him out anytime soon, and she’ll leave her momma’s crib when she’s good and ready.

How you like dem’ apples!?

No comments:

Post a Comment