Wednesday, May 6, 2009

To watch or not to watch (what's the F-ing point!!!

So today I decided to read Pazsaz (an entertainment site listing cancelled TV shows), because I wanted to know the status of NBC's new show Kings. Well, (not) to my surprise; Kings has been cancelled. Scrolling down... well, just because I felt like it, I've learned that CBS has cancelled Swingtown. Which leads me to a very serious question, why the hell do we watch TV? and are TV stations ran by people with ADD?

It's seems like season after season, a new show comes out and before the end of the season it's cancelled, with many shows being cancelled before the end of the season. Just when you've accepted a show into your nightly schedule of TV watching, it's gone. So what's the point? Life as a TV show producer/creator must really suck!

Take Lipstick Jungle for instance, I'm sure Candace Bushnell and co., because, I can't... Darren King, that's his name Darren King.. Candace Bushnell and Darren King probably celebrated in their offices thinking "Yes, we've resurrected the Sex & the City-esque TV show" after the show's first "successful" season only to learn two/three episodes into the second season that the show would be cancelled. They must deal with a yo-yo set of emotions that would rival that of a schizophrenic. "Great show today, critics love it.. audiences hated it.. sorry. Don't forget your free (put broadcasting network name here) t-shirt and complimentary mug". Could you imagine handling your personal monthly budget? You couldn't.

That's why I've made the mentally sound decision to.. dare I say, give up TV. I can't take it anymore, I'm starting to go crazy. There are other worthwhile things I could be doing with my time. Not sure what they are yet, but I'm damn sure going to find something.

No comments:

Post a Comment